Festival Rules & Disclaimer
Festival Rules and Regulations:
- No animals, with the exception of service animals, are permitted on the grounds.
- No vehicles may park in unauthorized parking areas including vendor and VIP parking. Visitors may be towed away at the owner’s expense, without notice.
- No vendors may set up their wares, except for those already contracted by Tallahassee Highland Games, the board or their designee.
- Busking is not permitted unless approved by Tallahassee Highland Games or designee.
- No performers may entertain on festival grounds, except for those already contracted by Celtic Cultural Alliance.
- No printed materials, including political material aimed at any person or party, may be distributed during the festival without prior approval by the Tallahassee Highland Games Board of Directors.
- All bicycles must be walked through the grounds. Skateboards and roller blades are not permitted.
- Do not swim or wade in the lake or any waterways.
- Amplified music not produced by Tallahassee Highland Games is not permitted (ie. large portable speakers, bluetooth speakers, MP3 players, smart phones, remote etc.).
- Do not smoke or vape in prohibited areas. Approved areas will be listed on the map. No drugs or illegal activities will be tolerated at the festival.
- Food and Beverage not purchased on festival grounds are absolutely prohibited. No coolers or picnic baskets are allowed.
- Strollers, Folding chairs, and blankets are permitted. Tallahassee Highland Games and our designees reserves the right during problematic instances of use to request guests return the items to your vehicle or permanently leave the property.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be taken off of the property. Instances of excessive, illegal or problematic consumption will result in expulsion from the festival.
- Tallahassee Highland Games / May and Fain Cultural and Sports follow regulations established by the Florida Liquor Control Board and DBPR. Proper ID must be presented upon request.
- By being present on festival grounds and by your presence, you assert that you have read, understood and accepted the waiver and release of liability agreement with May and Fain Cultural and Sports, The Iron Vault, Mildly Offensive Strongman, our event sponsors, donors and/or volunteers.
Tallahassee Highland Games Waiver of Liability
Location: 7550 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee FL
Waiver and Release of Liability
Express assumption of risk: I, by being present at any event, property or experience conducted by May & Fain Cultural and Sports, such as the Tallahassee Highland Games, am aware that there are significant risks involved in all aspects of being around physical training, competitions and events that will be experienced. Additionally I understand this is a restricted access event. These risks include, but are not limited to: falls which can result in injury or death; injury or death due to negligence on the part of myself, my partner, children, or other people around me; injury or death due to improper use or failure of equipment; strains and sprains. I am aware that any of these mentioned risks may result in serious injury or death to myself and or my partner(s). I willingly assume full responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself, group and/or partners to and accept responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activity, presence or participation while at, or under the direction of May and Fain Cultural and Sports events, such as the Tallahassee Highland Games. I acknowledge that I have no physical impairments, injuries, or illnesses that will endanger me or others.
In consideration of the above mentioned risks and hazards and in consideration of the fact that I am willingly and voluntarily participating in the activities offered by The Tallahassee Highland Games, May and Fain Cultural and Sports, The Iron Vault, and/or Mildly Offensive Strongman (herein defined as the aforementioned parties in the ‘Release’ section). I, the undersigned hereby release the aforementioned principles, agents, officers, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including those allegedly attributed to negligent acts or omissions of the above mentioned parties. This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns, or transferees. If I am assuming liability on behalf of a minor, I also give full permission for any person connected with aforementioned parties or their medical personnel to administer first aid deemed necessary, and in case of serious illness or injury, I give permission to call for medical and or surgical care for the child and to transport the child to a medical facility deemed necessary for the wellbeing of the child.
The participant recognizes that there is risk involved in the type of activities offered by the aforementioned parties in the ‘Release’ section. Therefore the participant understands and accepts financial responsibility for any injury that the participant may cause either to themselves or to any other participant due to their negligence. Should the above mentioned parties, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to reimburse them for such fees and costs. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless aforementioned parties, their principles, agents, employees, or volunteers from liability for the injury or death of any person and damage to property that may result from any negligent or intentional act or omission while participating in activities offered by aforementioned parties, at their facilities or abroad. This includes but is not limited to parks, recreational areas, playgrounds, areas adjacent to main facilities, and or any area selected for training, competition and/or observation by the aforementioned parties.
Rules of participation and attendance
Under penalty of losing access to the aforementioned parties in the ‘Release’ section, their facilities, events and incurring fees, the undersigned party agrees to follow any and all rules provided by The Tallahassee Highland Games, May and Fain Cultural and Sports, the aforementioned parties in the ‘Release’ section while using or observing their facilities, equipment, events, festivals or gatherings of any sort. These include but are not limited to ensuring my private property is safe and my own responsibility, chairs, blankets, bags or any items I bring are understood to be a risk to myself and others. Consumption of food, alcohol, participation in the events and or observing any event must be conducted legally, in compliance with the rules set forth by the event hosts and are of my own responsibility and acceptance of risk.
I have read and understood the foregoing assumption of risk, and release of liability and I understand that by signing it obligates me to indemnify all of the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property caused by my negligent or intentional act or omission. I understand that by being present at the aforementioned parties’ events, festivals, competitions, training opportunities, educational seminars and/or simply observing that I am waiving valuable legal rights.
Iron Vault StrengthLet's get strong
Tallahassee's premier strongman training facility and host of the Iron Vault Classic. Owner and Coach Brett Fain focuses on athlete longevity, strength and the sport of strength.
Mildly Offensive StrongmanFind your favorite shirt today!
All the smack talk and gym talk you hear from strongmen and strongwomen, but on a shirt.